Sasserath & Co. seeks a Senior Tax Manager with a technical tax background who would enjoy the opportunity to work on technical projects with the Managing Partner. We also offer the opportunity to manage client relationships to build a book of business and pave the path to partnership.
Sasserath & Co. is a boutique firm focusing on sophisticated tax work for closely held businesses. This full-time role is based at our Ronkonkoma headquarters.
- Prepare and/or review corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns of varying complexity
- Prepare and/or review quarterly and year-end estimates to assist clients with tax planning
- Develop, manage, and maintain client relationships
- Be responsible for engagement planning, organization, and delegation to maximize efficiency, achieve quality goals, maintain productivity, and maximize realization
- Manage tax engagements to ensure meeting of all compliance and other deadlines
- Be responsible for engagement economics including billing, collecting, and maintaining profitability
- Provide insight into tax saving measures
- Manage, train, and mentor staff and assist in their professional growth and development
- Perform tax research and be a resource for technical tax issues
- Consult with clients on various business matters
- CPA preferred (or must have definitive plans for achieving CPA eligibility)
- 8+ years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Accounting preferred
- Master’s degree in Taxation a plus
- Working knowledge of accounting
- Tech savvy. Experience with Office, UltraTax, CCH, and QuickBooks a plus
Benefits of working at Sasserath & Co. include:
- The opportunity to work on technical projects with the Managing Partner and manage client relationships to build your book of business and pave the path to partnership
- Significant growth opportunity
- Business development training
- Competitive benefits package including health and vision insurance; life insurance; SIMPLE IRA with employer match and flexible paid time off
Salary range: $180,000-$220,000
Sasserath & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resume to email@example.com.